SESIS Login – NYC Department of Education Website
SESIS (Special Education Student Information System) supports users in completing special education workflow processes from referral through IEP development. This article shows one how to create a new account and login to SESIS.
Since only New York Department of Education employees have access to SESIS, this article will focus on them. For parents/guardians/students seeking information on special education, contacting their respective school principals is best.
SESIS Login – Steps To obtain a SESIS account
As a DOE employee, you are more or less guaranteed access. Using your Department of Education Outlook user ID and password, you can access SESIS. This is because the user ID and password for Outlook and that for SESIS is exactly the same. If you do not remember your password, you will have to reset it.
Next, determine your role in the Special Education Student Information System. That is, you are either a school principal, school-based staff, all other staff, an independent provider or contract agency provider, or you are a charter school-based staff.
Each one follows a different process.
- If you are a school principal, contact the DIIT (Division of Instructional and Information Technology) Help Desk ((718) 935-5100) for assistance with obtaining a SESIS account. If the account is not for you, rather for a staff member, assign a SESIS role for that staff member
- If you are school-based staff, you will have to contact your school principal for assistance.
- All other staff will have to contact the DIIT Help Desk ((718) 935-5100) for assistance with obtaining a SESIS account.
- An independent or contract agency provider must personally visit the Office of Related and Contractual Services (28-11 Queens Plaza North, Long Island City) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Charter school-based staff also contacts their school principals for assistance. Charter school principals contact the Charter Management Office for assistance in obtaining access to SESIS.
How to access the SESIS website : User Login
If you are logged in to the Department of Education network, visit the SESIS website (intranet.nycboe.net/SESIS). You may get prompted. In this case, you will have to log in using your Department of Education network log in information.
If you are on a computer that is not in the Department of Education network, visit the SESIS website (https://portal.nycenet.edu/sesis) and log in using your Department of Education network login information.
If you are a principal looking to assign a SESIS role to an employee, follow these steps:
- Locate the user’s name in the Table of Organization in Galaxy.
- There is a people icon next to the user’s name. Right click that icon.
- A menu will pop up. Click “Assign Role” and then click “SESIS”. This will take you to the “Role Access Assignment” page.
- Know what each SESIS role you want to assign the individual, and then check the boxes corresponding to those roles. This will depend on the individual’s job title. You can choose one or multiple roles, depending on what that person’s job is.
- After all that, click “Save”.
- Review the selected roles and click “Confirm”.
- When the confirmation pop-up appears, click “OK”. These changes could take up to 48 hours to take full effect.
SESIS is a place where you can manage your attendance and all for both employees and users and for that you must do SESIS Login
Incoming search terms:
- sesis login
- www sesis
- www sesis log in
- www sesislogin
- www sessis
- www sessis com